Help Keep Cape Cod Beaches Well...and Open
Staying "Beach Well" on Cape Cod
There are several actions you can take to reduce your risk of getting or spreading the COVID-19 virus when you go to the beach this summer. Please help ensure that our beaches remain open by taking these precautions.
1. Avoid high tide when less beach is available (find your beach high tide schedule HERE)
2. Please consider going three hours before or after high tide, This is a GREAT time on Cape beaches.
3. Bayside beaches have more room at low tide – a lot more room! See beaches listed by Atlantic side, Bayside or on Nantucket/Vineyard Sound HERE.
4. Limiting social gatherings to less than 10 people, remaining 6 feet from others and maintaining 12 feet between towel/beach blanket areas.
5. Wear your mask while walking the beach or to/from the parking lot.
6. Refrain from beach sports such as volleyball, soccer, and bocce.
Visitors of beaches should expect limited or no trash disposal receptacles. When visiting beaches without trash receptacles, visitors should adhere to a strict “carry in, carry out” policy and take waste with them.
Due to the varying size and accessibility of beaches across the Cape, residents and visitors are encouraged to check municipal websites and social media channels for specific town-by-town beach information.